Force matching and SQL plan management

From: Abdul Mohammed <oracle.blog3_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2013 19:09:10 -0600

  Hello all,

I am trying to fix a hard parsing issue for database, Code on the app cannot be changed. So i was thinking to make use of SQL Profiles and use force_match=true...there are couple of SQL that are troublesome. Same SQL but uses literal values, so when i create a SQL PROFILE and put force_match=true(from what i understand, i believe this profile will be used)...my question is

  1. Would putting this in place avoid hard parsing or would it still go though the hard parse phase(even with profile is set). Do note the signature(force_matching_signature is same for this type of SQL)
  2. Can this be done with SQL Plan Baseline, as i rather use Baseline instead of profile. As Baseline seems to work for me in the past and profile sometimes do not work.

Any feedback is appreciated.

Thanks,

Sent from my Windows Phone