Re: OEM O/S Credentials Question

From: Seth Miller <sethmiller.sm_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2013 15:37:48 -0600

Scott,

The best way I have found is to have the SA's create a service account and create a credential in EM that uses that service account to execute server side commands via the agent. Use sudo if you need to execute the commands as another user (i.e. oracle).

Let the SA's own the password for the service account but give them access to EM so when they change the password for the service account, they can update EM as well. This is usually best done by giving them an EMCLI installation and showing them how they can script a password change in EM. That way, they can automate the credential password change in EM and you never have to be involved.

This way you never have to know the password of the service account making the SA's happy and you always have access to execute server side commands via the agents without having to maintain passwords.

Seth Miller