RE: EM 12c

From: Bobby Curtis <curtisbl_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2013 16:49:51 -0500

Scott,

You can also check from the GUI interface, but command line is much easier. Stephan provided a great example.

Thanks,

Bobby

From: Uzzell, Stephan [mailto:SUzzell_at_MICROS.COM] Sent: Monday, November 18, 2013 4:42 PM
To: 'curtisbl_at_gmail.com'; 'Scott Canaan'; oracle-l_at_freelists.org Cc: Uzzell, Stephan
Subject: RE: EM 12c

I agree with Bobby on this. On one of your target environments, do an emctl listplugins agent. Do you see both the DB and OH plugins?

D:\oracle\agent12c\agent_inst\bin>emctl listplugins agent

Oracle Enterprise Manager Cloud Control 12c Release 3

Copyright (c) 1996, 2013 Oracle Corporation. All rights reserved.

oracle.sysman.oh 12.1.0.3.0
D:\oracle\agent12c\plugins\oracle.sysman.oh.agent.plugin_12.1.0.3.0

oracle.sysman.db 12.1.0.4.0
D:\oracle\agent12c\plugins\oracle.sysman.db.agent.plugin_12.1.0.4.0

Incidentally, does anyone know why we so often have to manually deploy the DB plugin?

Stephan Uzzell

From: Scott Canaan [mailto:srcdco_at_rit.edu] Sent: Monday, November 18, 2013 4:35 PM
To: Bobby Curtis; oracle-l_at_freelists.org Subject: RE: EM 12c

We did a manual deployment of the agent. Running emctl status agent says that the "Agent is Running and Ready". When we run the discovery, it comes up with "no items found" under both databases and listeners, so there is nothing to promote. That's where we are stuck.

Scott Canaan '88 (srcdco_at_rit.edu)

(585) 475-7886 - work (585) 339-8659 - cell

"Life is like a sewer, what you get out of it depends on what you put into it." - Tom Lehrer

From: Bobby Curtis [mailto:curtisbl_at_gmail.com] Sent: Monday, November 18, 2013 4:32 PM
To: Scott Canaan; oracle-l_at_freelists.org Subject: RE: EM 12c

Scott,

Have you deployed the plug-ins for the database? If you did a manual deployment of the agent the plug-ins are deployed. Auto discovery, you have to look at the results and promote. Once promoted you should be able to see the items monitored.

If you want, you can take a look at this book/e-book <http://www.amazon.com/Expert-Oracle-Enterprise-Manager-12c-ebook/dp/B00ACC6 BLS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1384810269&sr=8-1&keywords=bobby+curtis+oracle> as well. It will help.

Thanks

Bobby

We have installed Enterprise Manger Grid Control 12c on Red Hat 6 and are trying to figure out how to use it. We can't get it to discover anything. It will monitor anything that we add completely manually. We would like it to discover databases instead of having to manually input everything for all the databases. The discovery runs, but comes back with nothing found every time. We have deployed the agent successfully and there are several new processes running on the host.

Unfortunately, I can't find anything in the documentation that tells what to do when this happens. It just assumes that it's going to work. Any ideas on places to look?

Thank you,