Re: oracle windows process crash

From: John Hurley <hurleyjohnb_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2013 18:17:44 -0800 (PST)

Install something like oracle os watcher ( runs on multiple operating systems ) and set it up to run every minute and keep the information for a week.

It collects information ( processes / memory / etc ) and puts that stuff into files.

You should get a much clearer picture of what is happening memory/programs up to the minute prior to things going south.  Is it just os related / pga related / sga related etc.  Slice and dice here.

At prior job we had some funky things going on with apex on a system that was doing some of the automatic memory stuff ... might have to check carefully your settings in that area and turn off any auto sizing stuff and set appropriate ranges for shared_pool database buffers large_pool etc.

Some kind of sga monitoring is called for also probably.