Re: Practice of using chopt to disable database options

From: Kevin Jernigan <kevin.jernigan_at_oracle.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2013 05:46:40 +0530

Norm,

It is definitely NOT true that you pay for what you install in terms of Oracle Database options - you pay for what you use. The Licensing Guide <http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E16655_01/license.121/e17614/toc.htm> describes how the database and options are licensed.

-KJ

--
Kevin Jernigan
Senior Director Product Management