Re: Funny one - Crash!

From: Howard Latham <howard.latham_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2013 16:21:57 +0000

Follow up. We had OOM (Out Memory Killer ) disabled as it was killing vital oracle processes. With this enabled it kicked in and kill a process rather than the box crashing. This made some experimentation easy. The crash only happens on one file system if the file is more than 18g After a bit of rejigging DB is running fine on alternative FS and the culprit FS is doing a grand job as a scratch pad. Not a solution exactly but a happy end!

On 25 October 2013 17:38, Mark W. Farnham <mwf_at_rsiz.com> wrote:

> Or are you just reaching the bad sectors on your eight year old drives at
> somewhere over 12 g and below 16 g, and perhaps the OS version does not do
> well with i/o failures?

Howard A. Latham