Re: Enetrprise Manager CPU Sampling and Mesurement

From: Karl Arao <karlarao_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2013 17:11:45 -0500

The collection is every 15 minutes, I made use of the following:

$ cat metric_current.sql
col tm format a20

col target_name format a20
col metric_label format a20
col metric_column format a20

col value format a20
select TO_CHAR(collection_timestamp,'MM/DD/YY HH24:MI:SS') tm, target_name, metric_label, metric_column, value
from mgmt$metric_current
where metric_label = 'Load'
and metric_column = 'cpuUtil'
and target_name = 'desktopserver.local';

oracle_at_desktopserver.local:/home/oracle/dba/karao/scripts:emrep $ cat metric_currentloop
#!/bin/bash

while :; do
sqlplus "/ as sysdba" <<! &
spool metric_current.txt append
set lines 300
_at_metric_current.sql
exit
!
sleep 10
echo
done

while : ; do cat metric_current.txt | awk '{print $2}' | sort | uniq ; echo "---"; sleep 2; done

15:11:59
15:26:59
15:41:59
15:56:59

Yes they are being rolled up to hourly and daily, in OEM12c there's a new view called GC$METRIC_VALUES_DAILY where the Consolidation Planner pulls the OS utilization data.
I've got some notes on the following link http://goo.gl/Tv2uh4

-Karl

--
Karl Arao