Re: Practice of using chopt to disable database options

From: Justin Mungal <justin_at_n0de.ws>
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2013 07:17:50 -0600

I've only ever turned features on, such as when customers licensed new features but they weren't enabled at the binary level.

You can also use make, as chopt became available with 11.2 and is simpler. See *How to Check and Enable/Disable Oracle Binary Options (Doc ID 948061.1).*

You can surely turn off features as needed. I'm not sure how common it is but I personally see nothing wrong with doing so.

-Justin