Oracle for Personal Use *With* Support.

From: Larry Elkins <elkinsl_at_verizon.net>
Date: Fri, 08 Nov 2013 21:47:32 -0600

Listers,

Looking for feedback on what others do for personal/learning usage for various features. I've used the downloadable versions for years for this purpose, but there is no support, and they are usually limited to the base release. I would like to have support and the ability to upgrade to the latest point releases.

I can purchase Personal Edition and support for a reasonable price. It includes all the EE options, *except* for RAC. And the management packs are *not* available. Installing, configuring, and experimenting with RAC is one of the main areas I'm interested in, so Personal Edition doesn't help with that.

I've been perusing the OPN information, and it looks like a GOLD partner could get unlimited development / demonstration licenses at no cost? Silver level is limited to the 1-Click items, and 1-Click excludes EE.

Are there other options I'm missing? Obviously I can still do a lot of experimentation and learning using the downloadable versions as I've always done, just will not have support and upgrades.

Larry G. Elkins
elkinsl_at_verizon.net
Cell: 214.695.8605