Re: How to check number of Concurrent session from AWR

From: Sanjay Mishra <smishra_97_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Nov 2013 14:12:56 -0800 (PST)

Thanks Andy. Yes Jared gave the good query to take the details from ASH. Going to google found the link http://askdba.org/weblog/2008/07/high-database-sessions/ It shows the Current in Snapshot and Max count. Let me check more as so far it gave the report what I am looking but will go thru logic as per advice provided by the others Sanjay On Friday, November 8, 2013 4:59 PM, Andy Klock <andy_at_oracledepot.com> wrote: On Fri, Nov 8, 2013 at 4:42 PM, Sanjay Mishra <smishra_97_at_yahoo.com> wrote: > Thanks Andy. Then this query is not good as what I am looking is max count > at each snapshot.  Query might worked in my case as database was bounced few > times and will double check it. Do you have any other suggestion to make the > change in the query/views > > Sanjay Jared summed it up (unfortunately) earlier: On Tue, Oct 29, 2013 at 2:04 PM, Jared Still <jkstill_at_gmail.com> wrote: > On Tue, Oct 29, 2013 at 10:42 AM, Ls Cheng <exriscer_at_gmail.com> wrote: >> is the stat "logons current" from v$sysstat what you are looking for? > > > OP: "What is best way to check max number of concurrent session reported in > a specific AWR snapshot. " > > Answer: you can't > > > Jared Still > Certifiable Oracle DBA and Part Time Perl Evangelist > Oracle Blog: http://jkstill.blogspot.com > Home Page: http://jaredstill.com As far as I can tell this isn't captured in any easy to grab way.  If you knew the exact time you were interested in, you could query DBA_AUDIT_SESSION (if enabled) to determine how many sessions were opened but haven't logged off yet. Otherwise you can sample "logons current" in v$sysstat yourself (every minute, for example), but will only be as accurate as your samples. A lot can happen in 60 seconds. Jared also had a nice trick for using ASH, but active session history will only show you "active" sessions.  So, it really depends on how you are defining "concurrent sessions" I guess. Andy