Re: ASM Question

From: Chris Taylor <christopherdtaylor1994_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Nov 2013 11:22:39 -0600

Well, that's handy but things are still a bit murky.

Does that mean I would just have my Unix & Netapp guys make sure I have a big volume of space and then I just create any zero padded file as needed in that disk space?
It seems so but I wanted to verify.

So, lets say I had a filesystem with 1 TB of space. Once I have that, I could create as many zero padded files as I wanted (in the size that I want) and then, once they are created, add them to the ASM diskgroup?

Regards,
Chris