Re: Temp tablespace Full

From: David Fitzjarrell <oratune_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Nov 2013 09:05:08 -0800 (PST)

Read here:   http://dfitzjarrell.wordpress.com/2008/02/21/temporary-tablespace-insanity/     David Fitzjarrell On Wednesday, November 6, 2013 9:55 AM, "Stephens, Chris" <Chris.Stephens_at_adm.com> wrote: TEMP is only used for sorting and temporary table creation / database scratch work (not the most technical phrasing).   “Select 1 from dual” does none of the above unless someone is really screwing with you.   Take a look at v$tempseg_usage to find the culprit.   From:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org [mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of nilesh kumar Sent: Wednesday, November 06, 2013 10:49 AM To: ORACLE-L Subject: Temp tablespace Full   Hello All,   Hope every one is doing good!!   I have a question.   Can select 1 from dual can cause the Temp tablespace Full ? I see from Toad several sessions of a user executing select 1 from dual causing the Temp space full. Can some one of you put some light on this one. -- Thanks & Regards Nilesh Oracle DBA (sqlplus "/as sysdba" is my world) "As our circle of knowledge expands, so does the circumference of darkness surrounding it."--Einstein "All men die, few men ever truly live" -- Braveheart "You can get help from teachers, but you are going to have to learn a lot by yourself, sitting alone in a room." --Dr. Seuss "Know me for what I do and for not what I am. Judge me for what I can do and not for what I have done."-Unknown "Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow. Don't walk behind me, I may not lead. Just walk beside me and be my friend."- Albert Camus "Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." - Unknown CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This message is intended for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient or the employee or agent responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by email reply.