Re: How can you log number of rows returned by all queries?

From: Chris Dunscombe <cdunscombe_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Nov 2013 09:32:12 +0000 (GMT)

Hi,

I've looked at Fine-Grained Audit and in terms of recording the number of rows returned it doesn't look like an option as the Condition parameter in DBMS_FGA.Add_Policy does support the use of rownum. I'm guessing this is because auditing takes place before the query actually starts executing and returning rows therefore it can't know the number of rows returned.

In the case I'm looking at the auditors are interested in the number of rows returned as the volume of data returned is an indicator of "dodgy" behaviour. They don't tell me all the use cases their looking at, just ask me specific technical questions about what's possible.

Thanks,

Chris

On Friday, 1 November 2013, 16:35, Jonathan Lewis <jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk> wrote:

Look at Fine-grained Audit.
The overhead is significant, but it might be exactly what the auditors want.

Regards
Jonathan Lewis