IO question regarding Netapp NFS mounted filesystems on Linux & Solaris

From: Chris Taylor <christopherdtaylor1994_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Nov 2013 12:07:38 -0600

For Oracle versions 10.2 and 11.2+,what is the typical recommendation for "filesystemio_options" when using NFS filesystem to a NetApp device? (I know there are a lot of "it depends" to this question but what I'm looking for is a starting point).

From reading it seems that the starting point should be SETALL. This environment that I'm working in has settings across the board - some places its NONE, some places its ASYNC, some places its SETALL.

It's my understanding that SETALL will fall back to whatever is supported by the OS - is that true? (So if async is not available but directio is, then Oracle will be enabled to use DirectIO - or am I mistaken)

Regards,
Chris