RE: Monitoring service_name in cloud control 12c

From: Michael Schmitt <mschmitt_at_uchicago.edu>
Date: Mon, 4 Nov 2013 20:50:24 +0000

Thanks

I am not seeing the service_name as a metric for the database instance.

I did notice that the listener says that it collects service_names on a schedule, but it doesn't have a metric to monitor for a specific result

Thanks,
Mike

From: Maaz Anjum [mailto:maazanjum_at_gmail.com] Sent: Friday, November 01, 2013 4:28 PM
To: Michael Schmitt
Cc: ORACLE-L
Subject: Re: Monitoring service_name in cloud control 12c

Mike,

There are metrics at the database instance or cluster database level for service monitoring.

Have you looked at that yet? I'm not infront of a computer to check on the exact metric name. Once identified you have a couple of options:

  1. Create a monitoring template, add the metric to it with the respective warning and critical thresholds.
  2. Set the thresholds at the target database level

Then you can create an incident rule/set to receive alerts.

Cheers,
Maaz

On Friday, November 1, 2013, Michael Schmitt wrote:

Hello,

Is it possible to have cloud control monitor a listener for a service name?

For example, let's say we have a process that will log into database A or database B and set the database service_names parameter to "CONNECT_TO_ME"

The database that is accepting connections for "CONNECT_TO_ME" will change at different points.

Service "CONNECT_TO_ME" has 1 instance(s).   Instance "A", status READY, has 1 handler(s) for this service...

Is it possible to have cloud control check that the listener is accepting connections for "CONNECT_TO_ME"?

Thanks in advance for the help

Mike

--

A life yet to be lived...