Re: ORA-12592: TNS:bad packet on MV refresh

From: Radoulov, Dimitre <cichomitiko_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2013 14:57:12 +0100

Hi Jared,
On 31/10/2013 14:47, Jared Still wrote:

> On Tue, Oct 29, 2013 at 2:10 PM, Radoulov, Dimitre
> <cichomitiko_at_gmail.com <mailto:cichomitiko_at_gmail.com>> wrote:
>
> Getting "ORA-12592: TNS:bad packet" upon MV refresh 4 - 5min after
> executing the code:
>

> You should consider the following Oracle note - there are specific
> points for mviews
>
> Troubleshooting guide for ORA-12592 / TNS-12592: TNS: bad packet (Doc
> ID 373431.1)
> *
> *

I read that note, thanks! Following that document, I'm at the final step: we opened a Service Request :)
We do have firewall with SQLNet packet inspection and there are several db link connections
passing through it but only one of them fails for "bad packets".

Regards
Dimitre

P.S. We even reinstalled the same version of Oracle on a new machine, imported the same data
and on the new machine the refresh completes successfully. The firewall that controls the traffic
between the new machine and the remote target database is the same.