DCD (dead connection detection) on Linux

From: Hameed, Amir <Amir.Hameed_at_xerox.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2013 00:50:07 +0000

Folks,
RDBMS - 11.2.0.3
Linux - RHEL 6/U4
Oracle E-Business Suite R12
I have noticed that DCD is not working quickly enough in my database even if I set "SQLNET.EXPIRE_TIME= 1" on the database server. If I crash my Linux host running the http server while I have connections established to the application, I can see that dead connections in the database corresponding to the application connections take somewhere from 12-15 minutes to get cleaned up. I can see that the TCP keep-alive parameters on Linux are set as shown below:

cat /proc/sys/net/ipv4/tcp_keepalive_time 7200
cat /proc/sys/net/ipv4/tcp_keepalive_intvl 75

Does anyone know what are all the parameters that need to be set to allow DCD work within 1-2 minutes?

Thanks,
Amir