Re: AWR interpretation

From: Andy Klock <andy_at_oracledepot.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2013 16:28:51 -0400

On Wed, Oct 30, 2013 at 4:12 PM, Storey, Robert (DCSO) <RStorey_at_dcso.nashville.org> wrote:
> No, its not portioned.
>
> I'm going to change the buffer size to reduce the commits and David referenced doing the import with the db in noarchive mode. I could do the import, then configure the setup and once I've verified that all is well, place the db in archivelog mode before going live on it.

Running a database in "noarchivelog" mode doesn't reduce the amount of REDO required for your import. Perhaps David meant to turn logging off at the table level? However, imp classic doesn't do direct path operations so you aren't going to get any savings there. Redo is for recovery so personally I would leave it alone.