RE: AWR interpretation

From: Storey, Robert (DCSO) <"Storey,>
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2013 19:52:14 +0000

I have to check but I'm pretty sure one table has 3400 records that have lob (pictures) in them. From: Andrew Kerber [mailto:andrew.kerber_at_gmail.com] Sent: Wednesday, October 30, 2013 2:51 PM To: David Barbour
Cc: Storey, Robert (DCSO); Oracle L
Subject: Re: AWR interpretation

One other thing, if you have lob's in your data, you can pretty much kiss your performance goodby. I am sure someone here can identify why, I never really tried to track it down, but basically lob's take about 10 times longer to deal with than any other item.

<snip

--

Andrew W. Kerber

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Wed Oct 30 2013 - 20:52:14 CET