Re: Filesystem blocksize for archive logs on AIX

From: Rich Jesse <rjoralist3_at_society.servebeer.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2013 08:18:21 -0500 (CDT)

Nuno writes:

> Me. On all production dbs. That is why we spent the moolah on a very
> expensive SAN:
> so we don't have to do in the db what the SAN is supposed to do./
> /7 years, NOT ONE failure anywhere.

Well shucks. I've been fighting JFS2 corruption every reboot, even if it they are very sporadic (annually?). Scared the [insert colorful term here] out of me the first time it happened. It's just like EXT3 on Linux, requiring an fsck to fix. Hopefully that's limited to AIX 5.3 or perhaps split logging on the FS -- I plan on using internal logging on the new 7.1 box.

Looks like I'm set to do some time trials with duplexed redos vs. solos! :)

Thanks for the feedback!

Rich