Re: Filesystem blocksize for archive logs on AIX

From: Ls Cheng <exriscer_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Oct 2013 20:24:34 +0100

Hi Rich
I am not sure if t should be 512 for archive logs because I am not sure when ORacle copies one redo log to an archive log uses 512 Bytes I/O.

With redo log it does make a hell lot of difference, a few months ago with the objective of reducinjg log file sync waits, when redo are moved to 512 bytes FS from 4K FS log file sync time was improved at 55%, more or less from average 13 ms to 6 ms, but the big difference is after reconfiguring 2 log file member to 1, 6ms was reduced to 1.5ms roughly.

Regards