Re: Long query time from V$ views on standby

From: Don Seiler <don_at_seiler.us>
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2013 14:18:11 -0500

Also I do realized that "checkpoint completed" *should* be a top wait event in a dataguard system, just seeing spikes higher than usual. Perhaps my tolerance is a little more on edge while dealing with issues with the new storage as well.
I certainly still would not expect that v$tablespace/v$datafile join to behave like it is. The last few executions have been sub-second (caching?) but the prior two executions were 11.5 and 26.2 seconds.

Don.

--
Don Seiler
http://www.seiler.us