Re: Storing a "NaN" (not a number) value

From: Andy Klock <andy_at_oracledepot.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2013 12:13:01 -0400

On Thu, Oct 24, 2013 at 10:52 AM, Hemant K Chitale <hemantkchitale_at_gmail.com
> wrote:
>
> I can see that I can insert a NaN into BINARY_FLOAT or BINARY_DOUBLE. (see
> below). Is there a way to load / handle into a NUMBER column ?

You nailed it Hemant, only BINARY_FLOAT and BINARY_DOUBLE support special values like NaN and infinity (INF). So if you need to support NaN the target table will either need to be changed or you'll have to do something fancy with the NANVL function.

Andy