Re: ORA-04030: out of process memory errors

From: Mark Bobak <Mark.Bobak_at_proquest.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2013 17:34:28 +0000

Hi Sandy,

Swap messages are definitely bad. The server should *not* be swapping.

I have some concerns about a server that has 128G of RAM, and only 8GB of swap. (Oracle recommended swap space for a system w/ more than 16GB of RAM is 16GB of swap.)

Also, how many instances are running on this server? How much total SGA is allocated?

Is ISM (Intimate Shared Memory) or DISM (Dynamic Intimate Shared Memory) being used?

-Mark