Oracle Services dropped from Registry on Win 8.1 upgrade

From: Tony Marshall <tony_at_larfo.com>
Date: Sun, 20 Oct 2013 10:14:29 -0700

After upgrading from Windows 8 to Windows 8.1, the Oracle instance on my desktop failed to start. I opened Services and found that all the usual Oracle Services had been deleted. The Windows Installer removed the Oracle Services from the Registry. I was going to be a hero and reconstruct the Registry using the oradim utility but I was worried about other Registry entries that might be missing, so I did a full and complete deinstall (using Oracle's handy deinstall.bat) and reinstalled everything.

Tony Marshall

Seattle