Did the MOS update prevent opening articles in a new tab?

From: Rich Jesse <rjoralist3_at_society.servebeer.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2013 15:30:46 -0500 (CDT)

Hey all,

Did the MOS update this weekend break opening KB articles in new browser tabs? I used to just middle click several article links from a search to get them in their own tab, but now it looks like every link is javascript, so I have to:

  1. Click on link
  2. In new article, click on "open in new tab" link.
  4. Click on "return to results", making sure NOT TO USE THE BROWSER'S BACK BUTTON, or the search context is lost and javascript links in MOS become unresponsive.

Not sure how this is better than just opening links in new tabs, unless it magically gets rid of the issue where the ridiculous timeouts corrupt all opened documents.

[sigh] Getting the feeling that this is never going to be usable again...

Rich