RE: Rman connection error

From: Michael Schmitt <mschmitt_at_uchicago.edu>
Date: Mon, 7 Oct 2013 16:47:04 +0000

Hi Seth

The instance hosting the catalog is not a RAC database.

We have a Dataguard database(primary) running on server A. This database is connecting to the catalog running on instance CATPRD (let's say on server B) to run the backups. This is working fine so far without any connection issue. The database being backed up is running version 11202. The CATPRD database on server B is running 11203. The catalog that the primary database is running on was created with 11202

On server C which is where we want to run a restore test, when I attempt to connect to the rman catalog using 11202, that is when I receive the invalid username password error

>rman catalog mike/mike_at_CATPRD
Recovery Manager: Release 11.2.0.2.0 - Production on Mon Oct 7 09:41:55 2013 Copyright (c) 1982, 2009, Oracle and/or its affiliates. All rights reserved. recovery catalog database Password:

RMAN-00554: initialization of internal recovery manager package failed RMAN-04004: error from recovery catalog database: ORA-01017: invalid username/password; logon denied

Thanks,
Mike