Re: Favorite tool

From: Seth Miller <sethmiller.sm_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Oct 2013 10:34:53 -0500

Robert,
To prove that the database is not "going down", you could write a simple script to connect to the database via sqlnet (preferably from the client server) every few minutes. You could also supplement that with the trace log from the listener on the database server.

Include a time stamp before and after each connection so you can see if there is a delay in the connection time. Maybe even throw in a query that you know the client is executing when they are seeing the delays.

I'm sure you already know this, but this is what I would call a golden opportunity to "coax" this application to upgrade to a database that is supported.

Seth