Re: Core dump then database crash

From: <Laimutis.Nedzinskas_at_seb.lt>
Date: Mon, 7 Oct 2013 15:15:24 +0300

Scan alert log for ANY errors/warnings before the crash. Specifically check for memory shortage, check if virtual memory (swap file) is sufficient. Which process crashed and/or reported the error ?

Brgds, Laimis N

  From:       Sandra Becker <sbecker6925_at_gmail.com>

  To:         oracle-l <oracle-l_at_freelists.org>

  Date:       2013.10.04 22:28

  Subject:    Core dump then database crash

Linux server, Oracle 11.2.0.0
We had some core dumps and then the database crashed. It didn't come all the way down. Some processes were still running so we did a shutdown abort (non-prod database) and restarted it. All looks good now.

So far research hasn't yielded any answers about why it crashed. One of the errors is something we haven't seen before. Can anyone shed some light on the following error?

ORA-07445: exception encountered: core dump [dbgtrReserveSpace()+100] [SIGSEGV] [ADDR:0x10] [PC:0x107A73284] [Address not mapped to object] [] We appreciate any help or pointing us in the right direction.
--

Sandy
GHX

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Mon Oct 07 2013 - 14:15:24 CEST