Re: Oracle Standby and RAMN CATALOG

From: Outsider <mufc01666_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Oct 2013 13:07:40 +0200

Guenadi,
Sorry I didn't understood this question. Is the tnsnames alias, that rman is complaining about, on the rman hosts tnanames.ora?

and

yes problem exists without auxiliary connect

~> rman target / catalog XXX/XXX_at_XXX

Recovery Manager: Release 11.2.0.3.0 - Production on Fri Oct 4 13:05:42 2013

Copyright (c) 1982, 2011, Oracle and/or its affiliates. All rights reserved.

rconnected to target database: XYZS1 (DBID=3537003386) econnected to recovery catalog database

RMAN> sync catalog;

starting partial resync of recovery catalog ORA-20079: full resync from primary database is not done

doing automatic resync from primary
resyncing from database with DB_UNIQUE_NAME XYZS1DG1

RMAN-00571: ===========================================================
RMAN-03009: failure of resync command on default channel at 10/04/2013 13:05:48
ORA-17629: Cannot connect to the remote database server
ORA-17627: ORA-12154: TNS:could not resolve the connect identifier specified
ORA-17629: Cannot connect to the remote database server

RMAN> thanks

*Tiran*
*Best Regards
Stay in touch...*