Re: Problem with some ORACLE.EXE (SHAD) processes

From: David Ramírez Reyes <dramirezr_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2013 11:03:47 -0500

Thanks for your comments Maaz, however we haven't had any problem with connections right now (even considering that there are more then 100 automatic machines that save data every 5 mins), we also have Windows 2008 server R1 (standard version).
The numbe of connections was something that were causing problems on the 8i server (many of them stayed hung), but now we haven't even passed the 405 (which is good now).

The db now is getting 36 hours up, with a cpu avg of 65-70% (still high compared with another similar servers we have, but completely acceptable), but the same processes are consuming the majority of this resources, we are now making changes on all clients (the sqlnet.ora parameter) and being completely sure that all machines have at least the 10g client.

David Ramírez Reyes
Profesión: Padre de Familia