PDBs and oracle parameter

From: Amihay Gonen <Amihay.Gonen_at_software.dell.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2013 11:55:49 +0000

I've just going over the parameters which can be changed at PDB level (select * From parameter where ispdb_modifiable='TRUE';)

ISPDB_MODIFIABLE VARCHAR2(5) Indicates whether the parameter can be modified inside a PDB (TRUE) or not (FALSE). In a non-CDB, the value of this column is NULL.

I wonder if this field means the every PDB can have different value, or I can change it from PDB but it affects the complete instance.

For example "log_archive_dest_1" is part of the list , but it don't make sense to different values (since the redo files are part of the instance level ) ?

Regards,
Amihay Gonen
Oracle Domain Export