RE: proactive monitoring

From: Iggy Fernandez <iggy_fernandez_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2013 08:32:09 -0700

My question is: what action are you going to take if you receive an alert for such a query?

Depending on the needs of the business, you may be better off by writing daily or weekly reports against Statspack or AWR data that could be discussed in weekly review meetings, forwarded to developers, etc. You could even produce reports or graphs for specific business critical queries identified by the developers.

Kindest regards,

Iggy

> From: Joseph.Armstrong-Champ_at_tufts.edu
>  I'd like to get an alert for any queries which are running for more than a specified length of time. --
http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Thu Sep 19 2013 - 17:32:09 CEST

Original text of this message