Re: Oracle Event Monitoring and VMWare

From: Andrew Kerber <andrew.kerber_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2013 14:43:57 -0500

VMware does in fact store historical performance data, so Im not sure where where SA is coming from. The author of the link below is a friend of mine, and pointed me to this. Basically, everything it says about CPU and SQL Server is just as true with Oracle.
http://www.davidklee.net/2012/12/17/cpu-overcommitment-and-its-impact-on-sql-server-performance-on-vmware/

--
Andrew W. Kerber