Re: Keeping a DB from Phoning Home...

From: David Mann <dmann99_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 14 Sep 2013 09:37:01 -0400

You got it Mark, I want to prevent any activity where the DB instance tries to initiate connections to the outside world. This was a key system that was a hub of activity before it was initially retired. We are resurrecting it to give it a proper documented archival so it can be brought up at any time in the future without causing any problems with other systems. Outgoing DB links are the first concern, custom Java with network permissions was 2nd concern, then was looking for group feedback for any other concerns.

Sent from my iPhone

--
Dave Mann
General Geekery | www.brainio.us