Re: Use Netapp snapmirror to create DR for Oracle RAC with ASM

From: Austin Hackett <hacketta_57_at_me.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2013 21:14:25 +0100

Hi Limin

We're a NFS and NetApp shop, but I've never tried this as we use Data Guard for DR. However, did you see this NetApp technical report: http://www.netapp.com/us/media/tr-3455.pdf?

In the example, the source DB uses NFS, but off-hand I would think it should work for ASM too. Presumably, you'd need additional steps to mount the ASM disk groups after braking the mirror. Given that the solution involves recovering the database from a broken mirror, you could amend the DR parameter file to have less instances than the primary DB and once the DB is open, disable the redundant redo threads.

Hope the helps

Austin