Re: EM12C agent

From: mike boligan <mboligan_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2013 10:18:05 -0700 (PDT)

Thanks Bobby and Maaz, agent install is working now.

 From: Maaz Anjum <maazanjum_at_gmail.com> To: "curtisbl_at_gmail.com" <curtisbl_at_gmail.com> Cc: "mboligan_at_yahoo.com" <mboligan_at_yahoo.com>; "oracle-l_at_freelists.org" <oracle-l_at_freelists.org> Sent: Tuesday, September 10, 2013 12:59 PM Subject: Re: EM12C agent

Mike,

To add to Bobby's note, you could follow the doc set for offline imports of an agent or plugin archive. You will need the enterprise manager command line utility (emcli) configured. Once oem is in offline mode, you can go to the "self update" screen under extensibility, click on agent software, find your particular agent and click download. Oem will actually show you the URL and import instructions for the agent archive :)

If I was near a laptop I would have pointed you to the specific documentation.

Given the choice, the online mode for obtaining agents is a lot less involved which is useful. But, if you want to learn the nuts and bolts of how it works, try offline mode.

Cheers,
Maaz

On Tuesday, September 10, 2013, Bobby Curtis wrote:

Mike,

>You need to be online to pull the agents from Oracle. Then you can go
>offline and push the agents or do a silent install of the agents on the
>hosts.
>
>Thanks
>
>Bobby

A life yet to be lived...