RE: Using V$_SEQUENCES

From: Hameed, Amir <Amir.Hameed_at_xerox.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Sep 2013 13:25:40 +0000

Our custom programs get transaction IDs from standard Oracle tables (MTL_MATERIAL_TRANSACTIONS, etc.) that are generated from sequences and use those TX ids to see when was the last time a custom job was run and are noticing large gaps. Oracle sequences are based on CACHE+NOORDER. We know the root cause of the issue and would like to use V$_SEQUENCES.NEXTVALUE to fix it. At this point, I am only interested in finding out if this view is protected by latches, etc., to ensure that before we go down this path, we know if there are any performance implications. RDBMS version is 11.2.0.3.x