Re: Question on dropping tablespace and transportable tablespaces

From: Mark Burgess <mark_at_burgess-consulting.com.au>
Date: Fri, 6 Sep 2013 08:53:00 +1000

Hi Mike,

Do you have the option of using partitioning? The combination off TTS and partitioning would provide a nice solution for what you want where you could "stage" the tables in the query database and then perform a partition exchange operation when required.

This would reduce the time that the users had to wait for the data to be available as you would not be dependent on the TTS operation completing.

Regards,

Mark