Re: RMAN restore/recover problem - end result (sort of)

From: Norman Dunbar <oracle_at_dunbar-it.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2013 10:28:26 +0100

Morning Jo,

On 30/08/13 09:33, Holvoet, Jo wrote:
> Finally : many thanks again to everyone who responded. The way so many listers here step up time and again to help out complete strangers never ceases to amaze me.

First of all, I agree. I've had quite a lot of free help from experts here on this list, and equally, from DBAs who follow me on Twitter. Two of the most useful resources I know! Being Scottish, I appreciate the "free" part! ;-)

Sometimes, I get to help out in return, that's always a good thing - as far as I'm concerned.

I suppose, looking on the bright side of your problem, you did at least discover that the Unix guys were being remiss in what they copied off to tap. You'll be able now, to sort them out - big stick optional - and make sure that all your backed up files get copied to tape as and when required.

Thanks for getting back with the final solution.

Cheers,
Norm.

--
Norman Dunbar