RE: RMAN restore/recover problem

From: <rajendra.pande_at_ubs.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2013 16:41:02 -0400

Jo

See - How To Restore Controlfile From A Backupset Without A Catalog Or Autobackup (Doc ID 403883.1)
https://support.oracle.com/epmos/faces/ui/km/SearchDocDisplay.jspx?retur nToSrId=&_afrLoop=102280015586110&srnum=&type=DOCUMENT&id=403883.1&displ ayIndex=1&_afrWindowMode=0&_adf.ctrl-state=ys821xpm8_69

I would read through this to understand what is being said before I try anything what I said below after that - Using RMAN to Restore and Recover a Database When the Repository and Spfile/Init.ora Files Are Also Lost (Doc ID 372996.1)
https://support.oracle.com/epmos/faces/DocumentDisplay?_afrLoop=10256796 4380858&id=372996.1&_afrWindowMode=0&_adf.ctrl-state=ys821xpm8_135

I am also wondering - I don't remember what happens - if you get all the backup sets - the older ones that you need Get them on disk
Recreate the control file and /or a recovery catalog if needed Register the old backup pieces
Attempt restore/recovery
I would of course backup everything and keep in a safe place before I try anything like this

UBS AG
Platform Services - Operations & Service Service Delivery - (GSDM)
480 Washington BLVD, Jersey City
  Tel. external: +(1)-201-318-7597
  Tel. internal: 19-436-7597

From: Mark Bobak [mailto:Mark.Bobak_at_proquest.com] Sent: woensdag 28 augustus 2013 22:05
To: Holvoet, Jo; Radoulov, Dimitre
Cc: jo.holvoet_at_gmail.com; Guillermo Alan Bort; oracle_at_dunbar-it.co.uk; oracle-l-freelists

Have you tried 'recover database using backup control file until cancel'?

http://docs.oracle.com/cd/B12037_01/server.101/b10734/rcmrecov.htm#10062 47

I think someone previously suggested that, but I don't recall seeing that
you tried it?

-Mark

On 8/28/13 3:48 PM, "Holvoet, Jo" <jo.holvoet_at_thomascook.be> wrote:

>Hi Dimitre,
>
>The only backups listed are all newer than the point-in-time I want.

Please visit our website at
http://financialservicesinc.ubs.com/wealth/E-maildisclaimer.html
for important disclosures and information about our e-mail
policies. For your protection, please do not transmit orders
or instructions by e-mail or include account numbers, Social
Security numbers, credit card numbers, passwords, or other
personal information.