Re: ramfs or ram disk

From: kyle Hailey <kylelf_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2013 13:22:21 -0700

Awesome response Connor :)
Has anyone looked into how the writes are done for temporary?

I've noticed on some AWR reports the temp read times at 0ms, for example

Event                        Waits        %Time -outs     Total Wait Time
(s)     Avg wait (ms)   Waits /txn
direct path read temp   317,082               0.00                       1
              0                      3.80

Over 300K temporary reads and the average time is 0 ms ?? How would that happen? What if the temporary data was in the Unix file system cache?
If the temp I/O is not DIRECT and/or SYNC then seems reasonable that I'd fine most of them in the cache if the cache isn't under pressure.

Anyone look into this?

Thanks
Kyle