Re: application monitoring best practices

From: rjamya <rjamya_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2013 16:00:40 -0400

We have a schema in prod db, that has necessary privileges on objects in multiple schema it need to monitor. Custom sqls are used to run at varying frequencies (all homegrown), to scan for issues, if any are found, they are sent via snmp to a central monitoring tool, as well as quick email to app support team. Central monitoring tool already uses snmp to monitor other resources, so we just plugged in.
We also have OEM that does other type of monitoring, but application specific monitoring is done from within db.

Raj