Oaktable World during OOW

From: kyle Hailey <kylelf_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2013 09:31:49 -0700

Oaktable World is on again.
Oaktable World is the conference that grew out of it's underground roots formerly known as Oracle Closed World.
Twice as many speakers this year including Tanel Poder, Jonathan Lewis, Cary Millsap etc

The conference is free and open to anyone - no need for OOW passes but you have to register. It's first come first serve and the venue will max so registration will help us manage the first come first server priorities. (venue holds around 200 people and we have around 2/3 of that registered already)

Of note are roundtables. There will be

  • Women in Technology <http://www.kylehailey.com/oaktable-world/women-in-tech/>- let by Kellyn Pot'vin
  • *Development Operations* - looking for panelist here. Currently I'm working with Redgate to talk about database source code control and continuous integration. Question: how do companies manage application development that depends on database schema and data changes. For code there is source code control. For data what do people do? How do people build continuos integration systems with databases?

We are also exploring a roundtable for

  • *No SQL vs Relational* - Iggy Fernandez is already giving a super talk on a NoSQL solution at Amazon verses an equivalent system at Ebay using Oracle. We will also have Fabian Pascal talking and probably free between breaks to discuss relational theory.