Re: sql to check when a last expdp backup was done (In general, if you want to definitely document something, then instrument your code.)

From: rjamya <rjamya_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2013 10:57:37 -0400

I think Praveen may have his answer already, since he is using db control, SYSMAN actually logs all job runs, he just had to look up which view had that info.
Yes, to your point we are doing some instrumentation because our operations team wants to know how long it is taking for datapump backup during pre-eod and post-eod steps. So we instrumented our calls and have that info in our own logging table. instrumenting our code has been working very well for us, we like it, our developers like it, it made our monitoring a whole lot easier.

Raj