Re: RedHat 6 RAC Specific Questions & Concerns

From: Martin Bach <development_at_the-playground.de>
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2013 09:34:54 +0200

Hi Jeremy,
this is an interesting thread. When you have a moment would you compare your notes against mine? Admittedly I didn't have to recreate the ASM instance

http://martincarstenbach.wordpress.com/2011/10/13/the-tale-of-restoring-the-ocr-and-voting-files-on-linux-for-rac-11-2-0-2/

Your comment about an ASM spfile backup is noted :) I have spent a little time yesterday with spget/spcopy in asmcmd and agree that there are some quirks with it. I believe a possible solution would be to use spbackup regularly in cron or similar to back the ASM spfile up. If you ever have to restore you use spcopy with the -u flag to update the gpnp profile. I found a few notes yesterday that explains the spfile/pfile steps-it's 1082943.1.

Martin
--

Martin Bach
Enkitec (The Exadata Experts)