Re: RedHat 6 RAC Specific Questions & Concerns

From: Justin Mungal <justin_at_n0de.ws>
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2013 00:19:06 -0500

Quite interesting Jeremy. I would find those notes useful. We store the voting disks and OCR on ASM, but I haven't been through the recovery process for them as of yet. I should definitely practice it one of these days before I have to do it in a production environment.

This isn't bullet-proof, but to help protect the voting disks and OCR, we store them on a diskgroup comprised of five 1GB LUNs, which are in RAID 1/0 at the hardware level, with the diskgroup being created as high redundancy at the ASM level.