Re: What is the main purpose of the Oracle Version 12c ?

From: Hans Forbrich <fuzzy.graybeard_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2013 06:46:12 -0600

On 19/08/2013 6:29 AM, Eriovaldo Andrietta wrote:
> Hello,
> What is the purpose of the Oracle 12c ?
Which one? There is 12c Enterprise Manager; 12c WebLogic Server; 12c Database; and soon 12c Fusion Mddleware

Assuming 12c Database; the purpose seems to be: to better support 'database in the cloud'; enhance compatibility with other databases to make migration from those databases easier; to clean up a large number of feature requests that we have been asking about for many years.

The assumption holds for the remaining answers ...
> Is it developed to a special technology ?
No. It is developed to BE a special technology.
> When will it be released ?

About 2 months ago.
Same place as usual - http://docs.oracle.com or http://tahiti.oracle.com