Re: System statistics

From: Nuno Souto <dbvision_at_iinet.net.au>
Date: Sun, 18 Aug 2013 20:49:13 +1000

On 18/08/2013 2:36 AM, Andrew Kerber wrote:
> Valid points. I have gathered system statistics on several different
> systems. They have yet to make any significant different in performance,
> good or bad. Has anyone seen a case where the system stats do make a
> significant difference?

When trying to make the CBO behave the same way in two separate systems. For example: ensuring that what is tested in acceptance/UAT/test instances runs the same way in production. If the system stats are different, then there is a chance of erratic performance of some SQL through slightly different execution plans.

--
Cheers
Nuno Souto