Re: Non-Sql data extraction (recovery tools)

From: John Smith <john40855_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2013 14:24:10 -0500

Not to give you a hard time, but this is the last item I have to try. I have already tried dbms_repair, it gives object no longer available, which makes me suspicious that I have data dictionary corruption. I ran dbverify, it found many corrupted blocks, so the last thing I can try is reading the data files directory. Select give either an ora-600 or object unavailable. The database is open, but I get errors whenever I try to read some tables, so I am hoping to extract any data that is available in those tables.